Commonly Asked Wedding Questions
- How far in advance do we need to book?
- Are menu tastings available?
- When do I need to have all my choices selected for the menu?
- Does my group receive any discounts on guestrooms?
- How much time is allowed for decorating and setup?
- What time do the Wedding Ceremonies take place?
- What is included in the Ceremony price?
- Is there a rehearsal ceremony?
- What is the
- Am I able to make a room block for my wedding?
- How many rooms does the resort have?
- What is the amount required for a deposit to secure my wedding?
- When is the deposit due?
- When will you provide us with a cost estimate for our wedding and when is payment due?
- Are tax and gratuities included in your price?
As soon as you have decided on a specific date and time, please let us know. The earlier you let us know, the better the chances are that we will be able to accommodate your requests.
Yes guests attending a wedding will receive a discount rate for the duration of their stay.
You can select from a morning or afternoon time. Times must be discussed with the on-site wedding specialist prior to booking the officiant.
Set and signing table
It is recommended that the bride and groom schedule an appointment with the wedding specialist a minimum of one day prior to the wedding date. This will ensure that all the details of the wedding are finalized and property orientation is provided to the couple. The officiant will not be present prior to the ceremony unless special arrangements have been made directly with him or her in advance.
Your “guaranteed guest count” is the amount of people you expect to attend your reception/ceremony. The “guarantee” is due no later than 30 days prior to the date of your wedding. Once you have “guaranteed” a specific number, the number cannot be decreased, but can be increased within reason. You will be charged for the number that you “guarantee”.
Yes, please contact your wedding coordinator for more details.
The Sooke Harbour House has 28 guest rooms.
The amount required is 25% of the estimated total of your wedding. This amount is non-refundable should you cancel your wedding with us.
The deposit is due 14 days from the date we place a tentative hold on your wedding. You will receive a group sales agreement by email which you will need to sign and return with your deposit. If we do not receive your deposit within 14 days of the date sent, we will give you a courtesy call or email. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, the reservation will automatically be released without written notice.
An estimated cost for your wedding, which will include all food and beverage, will be provided to you when you receive the group sales agreement. The group sales agreement will break down the estimated total into a payment schedule with 100% of the estimated total due 30 days prior to the wedding date.
No. 15% gratuity charge is added to all food and beverage. GST & PST is applicable to all services.