Sooke Harbour House
28 Room Luxury Beachfront Resort Overlooking the Olympic Mountains on Vancouver Island BC Canada.
Hotel Tourist Accommodation with World Renowned Restaurant
About Sooke Harbour House
Creatively designed, no details overlooked, Sooke Harbour House carries a legacy with its name.
For 33 years Frederique and Sinclair Philip have embraced the West Coast Culture, beauty and ambiance by creating an resort that has welcomed many famous faces. The resort receives ongoing international awards and continues to be known as one of Canada’s most spectacular wedding and event destination.
The Resort is situated on 2.5 acres of beautiful oceanfront next to the Whiffin Spit which extends out to the Pacific Ocean overlooking the Olympic Mountains.
- The resort is surrounded certified edible gardens and has a small organic farm off site.
- 28 Luxury guests rooms all with wood burning fireplace, deep soaking tubs and steam showers for two.
- 3 Indoor Meeting Spaces (1000sq ft.)
- 3 Outdoor Wedding Ceremony Sites.
- Pavilion 2400sq ft (seasonal)
- Gift Shop
- 2 Infrared Saunas
- Easy beach access
Sooke Harbour House is 23 miles south west of Victoria, capital of British Columbia, on Vancouver Island, Canada, offering visitors exquisite cuisine, glorious edible gardens and restful accommodation.
All rooms have wood burning fireplaces, antique furniture and follow a theme with extensive art décor. Each room has been uniquely designed and decorated by well-known designer Frederique Philip also the owner.
The restaurant has been rated one of the top ten restaurants in Canada for many years and continues to attract international attention. It features the freshest of local seafood, meats and produce.
The Chefs use the certified organic herb and flower gardens, the seasonal foraged bounty to create what is known as some of Canada's finest west coast seasonal cuisine.
In addition to a wealth of loyal customers and community ties, the resort and restaurant have been recognized and awarded by:
• Number 2 Resort in Canada, Travel + Leisure, July 2012
• Gold List World’s Best Hotels and Resorts , Conde Nast Traveler, 2012
• Number 1 Most Popular Restaurant on Vancouver Island, Zagat, 2012
• Gold Award, Best Vancouver Island Restaurant, Vancouver Magazine Critics’ Poll, 1989- 2012
• Four Green Keys, Eco Rating Program recognizing a hotel that has shown substantial and measurable results, 2012
• Governor General’s Nation’s Table Award for Mentorship and Inspiration, June 2010
• Most Excellent Eco-Resort', Conde Nast Johansens, Awards for Excellence, January 2010
• Audubon International, Four Green Leaf Hotel