Join Sinclair Philip and his knowledgable friends in an educational and fun wild mushroom foray focusing on local, wild, edible mushrooms. This foray is for the beginner mushroom hunter. You will learn about several edible mushrooms and visit our beautiful forests. Upon return to Sooke Harbour House that afternoon, Sinclair Philip will show a Power Point Presentation on edible mushrooms. The event will conclude with a 4 course “All Mushroom Dinner”. Dinner will start at 7pm in the Garden room at Sooke Harbour House.
- Mushroom Foray – 10am (no charge)
- 4 Course Mushroom Dinner – 7pm, $50.00 for Slow Food members and $60.00 for non-members Please RSVP by Friday, Oct 21st
- Special room rates available for the participants and Slow Food members, please inquire
Explore, Experience, Enjoy!
Please watch this short video on what to bring along on a mushroom foray:
A short list of what to bring:
- Comfortable and water proof foot ware, preferably non slip soles
- Rain gear or weather resistant pants and a jacket
- A folding knife
- Basket or a bag, plastic bags not recommended
- Your own lunch